There have been a lot of changes over the past 14 months.
- Our Founder, Geoff Endacott, sadly passed away in February 2021, due to a freak accident.
Our sympathies are with his family, friends, colleagues, and the many other organisations he ran,
and also with the cardiac unit at the RUH, who did everything humanly possible to make him comfortable.
- Some other people left to look after unwell loved ones, and others asked for their names to be taken
off the active membership list.
- The lockdown and subsequent events have messed everything up generally, but things
are stabilising, and we will return.
- The club is down to one official member, an unnatural situation, but he is not on his own: Other
organisations and individuals are still in contact.
- Website changes
- The bug causing some pages, apart from the main page, to fail to display when the https protocol
is used, has now been fixed. It turned out to be due to a quirk of the online server, hence
it could not be simulated offline, so we temporarily ran diagnostics online.
- We have added extra security and more SSL certificates, so all redirection sites now comply.
- Lots of pages have been updated to reflect the latest change of address. Please note: This is someone's residence, so only direct correspondence and messages here. We will not be meeting in the back garden. At least, not unless it's sunny. ... There's an idea, actually: That garden may as well be used for something. Larger meetings will probably be in a Pub though.
Chippenham Men's Shed main page